On-premise to cloud <-> Cloud to on-premise
Azure Firewall is #19 ranked solution in best firewalls. PeerSpot users give Azure Firewall an average rating of 8 out of 10. Azure Firewall is most commonly compared to Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls: Azure Firewall vs Palo Alto Networks NG Firewalls. Azure Firewall is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.
Azure Firewall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Azure Firewall OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
What is Azure Firewall?
Azure Firewall is a user-friendly, intuitive, cloud-native firewall security solution that provides top-of-the-industry threat protection for all your Azure Virtual Network resources. Azure Firewall is constantly and thoroughly analyzing all traffic and data packets, making it a very valuable and secure fully stateful firewall as a service with built-in high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability. Azure Firewall allows users to create virtual IP addresses and provides for secure DDoS protection for the virtual machines on your network. It also provides fast and efficient east-west and north-south traffic security.
Azure Firewall is a managed, cloud-based network security service built to protect your Azure Virtual Network resources. It is a fully stateful firewall as a service with built-in high availability and unrestricted cloud scalability.
Azure Firewall has two significant offerings, Standard and Premium.
Azure Firewall Standard works directly with Microsoft Cyber Security and supplies excellent L3-L7 filtering and threat awareness. The proactive real-time threat awareness will quickly alert you and immediately deny all traffic to and from any known problematic or suspicious domains or IP addresses. Microsoft Cyber Security is updated continually to protect against all new and known potential threats at all times. To learn more about Azure Firewall Standard, click here.
Azure Firewall Premium provides everything the standard version does, and additionally adds extra levels of data encryption, network intrusion detection, extended URL filtering, and Web category filters. To learn more about the added features of Azure Firewall Premium, click here.
Key Benefits and Features of Azure Firewall:
- High availability - You do not need load balancers with Azure Firewall; it's already built in and ready to go.
- Self-scalability - Azure Firewall is intuitive and will auto-scale as needed based on traffic flow to be ready for peak traffic times.
- Threat awareness - Using Microsoft Cyber Security to filter traffic, Azure Firewall will deny any known problematic threats to keep your network safe.
- Additional IP addresses - You can securely add up to 250 public IP addresses with Azure Firewall
- Improved web category filtering - You can set up specific protocols to allow or deny categories within websites that are deemed inappropriate for use within your network. You have the ability to organize categories based on a defined set of descriptions.
What our real users have to say:
Many IT CEntral Station (soon to be Peerspot) users found Azure Firewall to be very user-friendly and easy to use. They liked that it offers seamless integration to the cloud and were especially pleased with the threat filtering options.
Regarding integration and threat intelligence, our users wrote:
Azure Firewall Buyer's Guide
Download the Azure Firewall Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022
Azure Firewall Video