We primarily use the solution for security logs and for end-customer security.
Dell BakBone OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
What is Dell BakBone?
Dell BakBone is also known as BakBone.
Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021
Dell BakBone CustomersMedien-Service Untermain (MSU), FAW Foundry, PRIME, Wayne Fueling Systems, GMO Internet, Fullcast Holdings, Georgian College, Bitbrains, LifeChurch.tv
Dell BakBone Video
Dell BakBone Reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Review Length
Showingreviews based on the current filters.
System Administrator at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Very good technical support, an easy initial setup and good blocking capabilities
Pros and Cons
- "The solution allows us to block off our network and only give access to whatever we want."
- "The interface can be improved. It should be more clear what features are available and make them easy to find."
What is our primary use case?
What is most valuable?
The solution allows us to block off our network and only give access to whatever we want.
What needs improvement?
I don't have complete hands-on knowledge, so I can't speak to what is missing on the solution.
The interface can be improved. It should be more clear what features are available and make them easy to find.
The pricing could be adjusted. Right now, it's quite high.
For how long have I used the solution?
I've been using the solution for six months.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I've heard from our L3 team that there have been a few hiccups on the stability side. Occasionally when we implement a policy change, for example, it doesn't deflect much. I'm not sure if it's a fault in the system or the configuration.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support has been good. When we log a case, we'll get a call within 24-48 hours. They help get issues resolved if there are any hiccups. If an engineer cannot resolve the issue they will also move it up to another level. That may mean we have to wait a few more hours for them to get back to us in order to resolve the issues.
We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received so far.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I'm not sure if there were other solutions evaluated before choosing this one. Management makes these types of decisions.
How was the initial setup?
The solution's initial setup is straightforward so long as you take the time to study the solution beforehand. We were able to implement the solution within a week. We needed four people for deployment.
What about the implementation team?
We had a vendor on the Dell side that assisted with the implementation.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The solution is a bit costly.
What other advice do I have?
We're partners with Dell. We don't have complete access to the solution; we only have limited access. We use the on-premises deployment model.
We have two customers on the solution and we are also using it in our company.
If the solution fits the user's requirements and budgets, they should consider implementing it.
I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Product CategoriesBackup and Recovery Software
Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Veritas, Veeam Software, and more!
- When evaluating backup and recovery software, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- Should I get a third-party backup solution for Office 365?
- Best backup for 100Gbps+ read and write with hardware encryption?
- What is the best next generation backup tool?
- Which backup and recovery solution would you recommend that provide Windows DRaaS + failover, plus Linux (SUSE) virtuals?
- What's the best way to trial backup and recovery software?
- Can you recommend a disaster recovery automation tool?
- Why is disaster recovery important?
- How to backup Dell EMC PowerScale (Isilon) with Veeam or an alternative tool?
- When selecting cloud backup and recovery software to protect your corporate data, what are your top 3 considerations?